November 11, 2012

SMOKEY

His mother Chantelle says, "My boyfriend Brendan and I came to the adoption event in July ‘just to look’ - his words, not mine. I had already seen a picture of Smokey online and even though he was a scraggly looking guy, he melted my heart.

When I first laid eyes on him, I knew that he was coming home with us. I think Smokey realized right away that he had me sold and that he needed to work on Brendan to seal the deal. My boyfriend now calls him the ‘little closer’ because he sat back and looked up at him with those big brown eyes - that was it. He was part of our family.

We love every day with Smokey, but particularly the weekends when we can take him to Fort Funston or go hiking in Marin. He is a speed demon and his favorite thing in the world is to chase birds. One of these days he's going to catch one and not know what to do with it!

He is also a very spoiled pup. In addition to his dog walks with Mom, he has daily pack runs with his walker and gets lots of treats and toys. The stuffed ones don't last too long though.

If that wasn't enough, his grandparents send him gift packages full of antlers and bones (quite literally -- not sure what the mailman must think)!

We can't imagine life without our little guy. We're so grateful for him and the work that you do every day to ensure that dogs like Smokey find their forever parents and that we find them!"